LOCAL RULES – Updated 7th April, 2016
- Out of Bounds is beyond any fence line (Permanent or Temporary) including any limestone retaining wall which defines the boundaries of the course. Elsewhere (including the LHS of the 13th Hole) Out of Bounds is beyond any line of white posts with black tops.
- The pump station, stone overflow drains between the 10th and 18th holes and bridges over and in barrancas are immovable obstructions and relief may be taken in accordance with Rule 24-2.
- A ball entering any barranca is to be played as it lies otherwise a drop may be taken, under penalty of one stroke, in accordance with Rule 28. Staked trees in the barranca are to be treated as immovable obstructions and a drop may be taken in accordance with Rule 24-2.
- If a ball lies in a kangaroo footprint in a bunker then a drop may be taken in accordance with Rule 25-1.
- The lake is a lateral water hazard. Rule 26-1 applies. No entry to the lake allowed as damage to the liner may occur. If there is doubt whether a ball is in or is lost in the water hazard after playing towards the hazard, to save time, the player may play another ball provisionally under any of the applicable options in Rule 26-1. If the original ball is found outside the water hazard, the player must continue play with it without penalty. If the original ball is not found within the allowable 5 minute search period or is found in the water hazard the player must continue with the provisional ball and penalty occurred in so playing it.
- Staked trees and staked shrubs less than 2m in height are subject to relief in accordance with Rule 24-2. NB: For the avoidance of doubt, relief from staked trees and staked shrubs is only available if the tree or shrub is less than 2m in height. The mere presence of a stake on a tree or shrub, does not in itself, automatically provide relief.
- If a players ball lies in or touches Emu dung, or if these conditions interfere with the players’ stance or the area of his intended swing or stroke, the player may either play the ball as it lies or take relief as provided for in Rule 25-1. A ball so lifted under this Rule may be cleaned in accordance with Rule 21.
- If a ball lies in bird or animal damage on the fairway being played then relief may be taken in accordance with Rule 25-1.NB: Interference by this damage of the players’ stance is deemed not to be, of itself, interference under this Rule.
- On closely- mown areas if a ball lies on an exposed tree root or that tree root interferes with the area of intended swing relief may be taken under Rule 25-1
- All sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference may be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition, if such an obstruction is on or within two club lengths of the putting green of the hole being played and intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief as follows: If the ball lies off the putting green, but not in a hazard, and is within two club lengths of the intervening obstruction and the obstruction is within two club lengths of the green, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which:
- is not nearer the hole;
- avoids such intervention;
- is not in a hazard or on the putting green.
- For all play at this course, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
- On the putting green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be placed, without penalty, at the nearest spot not nearer the hole that avoids the situation. Through the green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.
By order of the Match Committee
Penalty for breach of Local Rule
Stroke Play – Two Strokes
Match Play – Loss of Hole
Christmas Cup 2018
Gala Evening – Saturday, 15th December 2018
Get in Touch
144 St Andrews Drive
Yanchep Western Australia 6035
Phone: +61 (8) 9561 1148
Pro Shop: +61 (8) 9561 1352
Fax: +61 (8) 9561 5033